Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor day


If you've ever had a baby that word takes on a whole other meaning. Labor Day. Bitter sweet. I remember having all my babies. Seems when I meet another woman and we are becoming friends you have to share your "labor" stories with each other. Much like the old men sharing war stories. After all we did suffer thought it and have a common ground to stand on. It's a badge I wear with pride. I think of all my "grand puppies" and now look at my two little mama bulldogs with a bonding that makes us "moms" together. It's also a day off. I find it funny that both my teenage kids are working today. Taryn as a sales clerk at Walgreens and Christian at McDonalds up the street. Craig and I are kicking back and sleeping mostly. I have four snoring bulldogs at my feet. Three of them piled up under the roll top desk because they all think they fit under there. Gives new meaning to the words dog pile. It's a lazy day and I like those. I'm off to read some in my Chocolate for a Woman's Heart & Soul. I love this book. It was a gift from Shawn who knows my heart better than anyone else.

I've lost five pounds since I started Diet Center. I'm confident that this is the last diet I will ever do. It's worked for people I know and now it's working for me. Not expensive either.

Adele

No comments: