The puppies are four weeks old today. They still don't walk really well and wobble a bit but they are learning. It all seems to go so fast. I only have four weeks left with them. Thursday we find out if Harley is pregnant and then if she is we start the whole process over again the first week of October. I start weaning them off their mother this week. She's been such a good mommy to her babies. I've let her be with them a lot more than I did with Harley and her first litter. With only two it was easier to care for them. They got more to eat and slept longer too. It's a short week because of the holiday yesterday so the weekend will be here before I know it. I'm doing the bills today and figuring out the budget. We're in good shape but this is all kind of scary not having a paycheck coming in from an outside source. I've never attempted this kind of "job" before. I love being with the dogs though. They are loving it too. Right now I have Taz, Harley and Tank at my feet snoring. It really is a joy to raise these babies and I do love it. If Harley doesn't have a big litter though, I'll have to go back into selling insurance. I miss it. There is always something to miss.
~Adele~
No comments:
Post a Comment