Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Colors & Pride & Prejudice



This is my favorite movie of all time, Pride & Prejudice. I love period pieces. I used to watch Sense & Sensibility all the time and my kids got to where when I put it on they'd groan like the dawn of the dead. Not agaaaaaainnn!!! Deal with it! It makes me happy. Not sure why but it does. I like the way women of that time period wore pretty dresses and went around with their hair up in flowers. I once took a class in design so I could learn my colors and my "style". I am what's called a Romantic Classic Sophisticate. It was right on too. The style of clothes and I'm also a "winter" as far as colors.



I learned in the class that when you live in a home with colors that aren't the ones you should be around it effects your moods and your happiness. I redecorated my house after the class and I couldn't believe what a difference it made when I got the colors I didn't like off of the walls. It was like a cleansing almost. I then went through my closet and got rid of the clothes that were the wrong colors for me. I suddenly felt like a weight was lifted off of me. I never could understand why when I wore certain colors I just didn't "feel" good in that outfit. It was the colors themselves. How fascinating that there was an actual science to happiness. That was something I'd never considered before. If you haven't done it go get color draped. It will change your life!

When Craig and I bought this house we live in I didn't like the outside color of it but inside it was perfect. The winter colors were everywhere! It amazed me how it made me feel. I still love it and I haven't had to do much in the way of redecorating. This year we re did our bedroom in teal colors though and I just fell in love with it! I love going into my bedroom now. I didn't like it in there before. Amazing. Whoda thunk it??

~Adele~

1 comment:

Pancake said...

Tha must explain why I love Blue... and have almost all blue clothes!