
It's gone so fast. The babies are six weeks old already. It just doesn't seem possible that the new little ones are almost here and my two twins are leaving me in less than a week. They are so fun to play with and such characters! Today Eloise jumped out of the kiddie pool so I had to take it out of the pen and lay a tarp over the wood floor for them. She surprised herself I think and it was kind of funny. Both Lola and Ellie can now sail over the kiddie pool so that is history. I'll have to remember that with the new bunch. The bassinet only lasts about two weeks but it's fun to have for them. They out grow things so quickly.
I remember how hard it was to keep my three kids in shoes. It seemed like every other week someone needed new shoes. I didn't have any kids to hand down anything to. By the time Christian could wear Garrison's shoes they were outdated and or destroyed. Garrison was so hard on things. I used to joke with Jamie saying he could be a tester for Tonka he was so destructive. My parents sent him boxes and boxes of toys and he was always getting something fun in the mail from them. I was very blessed with a family that supported me so much. I guess that's why I try and do what I can for my kids when they have needs.
I got some extra sleep this morning and it was absolutely heavenly! I hadn't done that in months, literally! I'm tired but in a good way. I've been having a lot of trouble with Taz lately. She just won't house train and it's getting worse not better. I thought with age she would mature and stop doing this but she almost does it on purpose. I'm going to let her sleep with me tonight to see if it's an attention thing. Dogs could be just like kids and any attention, even the bad kind, is better than nothing. I try and spend time with her but she's so crazy, she never calms down. Can dogs have ADD?? hahahahaha I think she feels the pecking order and doesn't like it much. She doesn't like being last in line and sometimes I think she was meant to be an only child. She's so cute and I adore her when she's good but that isn't very often lately. If I had the time and funds I'd take her to weekend puppy training sessions but there is none of both in my life right now.
Craig reminded me about how awful it was raising Harley too. I seem to have successfully put that memory out of my mind. I don't remember her crazyness but it was there. She did plenty of damage to things when she was mad at me or left alone too long. Bulldogs hate to be left alone. EVER. I can always bet that something will be chewed up or they will leave me a message some how that I left them!!! How dare I do that!!! Point taken. I try and only leave them when someone else is here with them. They are not like any other dog I've ever owned. Although my parents had a dog named Pepsi, an apricot poodle, who would take the garbage apart and line up the contents in a row from the back door to the front just to let everyone know how pissed off he was that he was left home alone. Honestly he would do this! My mother had to start putting the garbage in the laundry room and secure the door because every day Pepsi would make a mess when she was at work and Anna and I were at school. It was the funniest thing. And he would look at us like, "And what are you going to do about it??? huh???" I just laughed at him and picked up the trash. He never ate it or messed with it he just lined it up like Legos on the floor.
I'm off to crochet. I'm making rag rugs out of the material I got from my mother. I ripped up the strips of fabric into balls this week and now I'm putting them together. I made a pretty round one this afternoon. I'll take some pictures and post them tomorrow.
~Adele~
No comments:
Post a Comment