This picture was taken at my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. It was such a fun time for everyone. A few months later we lost my father. He died in his sleep at age 73. He didn't live long enough. He was the kind of person who you met once and felt you knew your whole life. He was a giver. Kind and generous to everyone. He was my hero and gave me so many special gifts throughout my lifetime. I loved his quick wit and his ability to tell the truth in ways that taught and didn't harm anyone. To say I loved him is a huge understatement. I was a daddy's girl. They did a 21 gun salute at his funeral. Folded the flag and presented it to my mother. I'd seen that on TV and in movies but never had it right next to me. He was a war hero. Earned the Bronze Star for service in Vietnam. He was disabled from Agent Orange and survived lung cancer when he was in his 50s. He was so many things but most of all a loving father. I miss you dad.
~Adele~
No comments:
Post a Comment