Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Miracle Cure



It was worth the money to sign up for dog training classes to learn this one lesson! I love spray bottles. I now have one in every part of the house I spend time in. It doesn't do any good to yell at a dog or spank them with paper or anything like that. Just use a spray bottle and they quit doing whatever it is you don't want them to do! Imagine that. I've seen such a transformation in Taz it makes me feel a little silly that I didn't figure this out sooner. We all still have a ways to go but we're making progress and that's exciting.

I made the CDs to give to the new families of my puppies today. We had taken a lot more pictures and videos this time. It took six CDs to copy all of what we had. It was a lot of work. I burned the CDs inbetween doing laundry and dishes and just everything around the house. I cleaned Christian's room and that took a while. I found three loads of laundry in there and just went room to room doing clutter control. That is so time consuming. We carry things all over the house and it takes a gargantuan effort to put it all back. I take loads of dishes out of our bedroom and the upstairs all the time. Seems everyone needs a glass of water at night and fills up their trash cans daily. Everyone except Christian of course. He just tosses stuff on the floor. Major eye roll on that one.

Craig is downstairs with his band. They are shaking the walls with this same melody. I think I've heard it a thousand times. The process of building a song is interesting. I don't know how any of the band members can stand the song once it's all done. Then if it becomes a hit they have to play it a million times more. I have to take Harley in to the vet Friday for another x-ray. The vet only saw three puppies yesterday. I was bummed because I have so many people who want babies from me. I wish there were more but as long as the ones that come are healthy and whole and Harley makes it through the whole ordeal I'll be grateful. He thinks there may be more babies he couldn't see so he wants to do it again Friday. She's retaining a lot of water too. He's concerned about that.

She will deliver on next Tuesday. That means I'll only get two days break before the new babies come. That's not enough. I wanted a week. I'm so tired. I haven't been able to exercise much either. Not like I thought I would. I literally don't sit down for five minutes during the day. There is always something to put away or fix or do. It's a thankless job. Being home and taking care of a house and family. I know it's important though. These dogs are a lot of work. More than Craig realizes. I try and make time to play with them too and that is kind of hard but I do it in the morning before I get into any projects.

I'm off to go lay down and pass out. It's been a very busy day. Tomorrow I need to paint the baby's t-shirts they go home in. I should have done all this last week. I just didn't want to think about them leaving.

~Adele~

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Yes, spray bottles are a life saver. We used one on our Black Lab.