
I watched a movie last night with Christian. I had forgotten how funny this particular movie was. Galaxy Quest. We hung out together and he rattled on and I just smiled to myself how fun it was to just listen to him and I love that we are friends and close enough that he can confide in me about things. We've been through so much, Christian and I. I love all three of my kids dearly and don't show favorites but what do you do when one of them just chooses to spend time with you more than the others and you (through no fault of your own) get close to that child? We have a lot in common and a lot of the same opinions on things. There are way we differ, don't get me wrong. I can't listen to his screaming music and he can't listen to disco! So there you have it. But at the end of the day when he comes home from school and says "So! How was your day?" I just thank my lucky stars for a kid who cares how my day went. How can that not melt your heart? An effort is always rewarded. A tough lesson for some to learn. It's that way even with my dogs. Harley makes an effort to stay close to me. She follows me around at night as if to ask "Where are we going to sleep" then puts her paws up on the bed for a boost. It's so dang adorable I just melt and give in. She sleeps with me because she is the one who wants to. Again effort. Effort is the key. Come to think of it the things I've really made an effort to achieve in life I've always gotten. Makes you think huh? How much more we could have with just a little effort.
~Adele~
No comments:
Post a Comment