Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Security



I wrote an email to my girlfriend Shawn yesterday and realized something pretty significant. I'm happy. Now that might not sound like headline news to most people but considering the last few years of my life that is HUGE. She wrote back to me and said:

"For some reason you're happier? Where do I start. You have the pets you love and they are giving you puppies! You get to play with puppies, all the time. You aren't working at that horrible place! You got to come see me this Spring! You are losing weight! You are writing! And you are NOT in graduate school. Trust me, I will be much happier when all this is over! Those are my thoughts on that."

I sometimes feel like Forest Gump where Shawn is concerned. She has a way of saying things that help me understand them. I just adore my best friend and couldn't go through life without her holding my hand.

Security.

I feel like the little hamster in the arms of the German Shepherd. I'm taken care of and protected and so comfortable there. I'm happy. Imagine that.

~Adele~

No comments: