I do it every year. I buy way too much candy and there are hardly any trick or treaters. In California there were a lot more than there are here in Colorado. I think we've had maybe 25 total. I got that many in 30 minutes in Moreno Valley. Free candy? And all you have to do is grab a pillow case and throw a sheet over your head??? Every kid in the neighborhood was up for that. It was fun though. I loved handing out candy. I even went through my kid's candy when they got back and kept the good stuff and re supplied my hand out bowl with the hard candy and stuff they didn't want. I smile when I think of that because sometimes they even wanted the stuff they didn't like! I had to keep their treat buckets on top of the fridge and ration the stuff or they'd get sick eating it all day long. I never fussed at them Halloween night though. They could eat all they wanted that night. Everyone was on a sugar high even me. Those were the days. Tonight Taryn is sick and Christian is working. Craig and I are feeding puppies and the dogs are loving this doorbell ringing. Mugsy is the only one who wore a costume. She had on a cowboy hat and bat wings. She's such a sweetheart. She is the only bullie I have that won't try and take off her costume and destroy it. She looks at me as if to say "I can't believe you're making me wear this." She walks to the door and stands there watching everyone. She's my Halloween puppy.~Adele~
4 comments:
K, wait.. you lived in Moreno Valley??? Did you know Kathi Hiatt?
Shaila Bergquist? Deb Mcewen? Lori Head??
Yep all of the above. Shaila was in my ward and Deb taught me how to make rag rugs in R.S. Her little girl Brittney and my son were good friends when they were little. I have some really sweet pictures of them in a pumpkin patch. I didn't know Lori all that well but I know Shaila and Brad and all their boys.
thats too funny!~ Debbie is my sister in law!! You know Brittany is married now, you have Debbies blog? (She is one my list under family, same with Shaila, she was here in March visiting me! WOW, what a small world! How come Shaila doesnt comment on your blog? Do you have her blog? She is also under family, friends...
You know Kathi right? you heard the good news about Laci and her cancer? I was so worried they were going to lose another child!
Give me a call and we'll talk. 303-987-8243
Post a Comment