
I took little Holly over to Marwan's at Artistic Images on Thursday afternoon for her pictures in this cute little fairy princess outfit I got last summer. I actually bought it for Lola and Eloise but they were too big for it! I hoped I'd get a little girl from Harley's litter to use it then. It turned out Holly was the baby of the litter and small enough for the dress. It was fun to take the pictures but there is definitely and art to doing portraits of animals. I think that would be something I'd love to do. The equipment isn't cheap either. One boom light is thousands of dollars and the camera is, well it's a lot!
Yesterday, Friday, my mom and Garrison came up to see the puppies. Mom helped me raise Harley's first litter and she just loved these babies too. Who wouldn't? I've decided to wean them off Harley completely by four weeks. So we fed them mostly cereal today. Harley wasn't breathing well this afternoon and I had to give her a calcium shot that didn't relieve her discomfort much. I can't do this to her anymore so it's cereal and puppy chow from now on. They are fat little healthy puppies so I'm sure they will do fine. Every litter is so different just like every child is different. There really isn't a pattern to this you just do what needs to be done when it needs to happen.
Christian applied for an auto tech school here in Denver called Lincoln college of technology on Thursday and it looks like he'll be able to work as an intern while going to school which will mean he can get right into the field after the program instead of taking twice as long to get experience on the job. I'm so proud of him. That is a grown up decision and for a kid who just barely turned 17 he's got his act together. He'll start in June next year and go for 18 months then be a certified auto tech and be able to work on even hybrid cars. He enjoys mechanics and I think he'll do really well. We're applying for scholarships and loans so he can go and the places who hire you after the program even pay back your tuition with a three year commitment to your job with them. So he could literally be getting this career for free. I knew there was something out there like this but had no clue where to even look for it. Being in school helps kids find their hidden opportunities. By the time he's 20 he'll be working at something he loves and making a better living than even me and Craig! That would be so amazing. This is definitely the way to do it.
~Adele~
1 comment:
That picture is so Cute and Funny! I have always wanted to get into photography too but haven't because it is so expensive. Who knows, maybe when I win the lottery (LoL)!
Post a Comment