
I miss Los Angeles. I love watching that Sarah Plain & Tall series and she says something at the very end of it that I've kept as kind of a credo, "There's always something to miss." This was the time of year that I started working in Culver City at the Ortho Mattress store on Washington just across from Sony Studios. I loved it. It's difficult to describe that time because it felt different from anything else I've ever felt before. Every day I felt like I was living inside a movie set. I half way expected to hear the "Action!" and "Cut!" being directed because it was that surreal to me. I was happier there than I'd ever been anywhere before.
I loved the city. I loved the busy traffic and the hustle and bustle of the streets. I loved it all. For some reason it felt like home to me more than Moreno Valley did. I wanted to live on the beach in Venice. If Ray hadn't have died we were planning on getting a place there together once we got married. That was my dream, to live on the beach in California. I came so close it having it too. That was a curve ball I never expected that hit me square in the head. You can't really regret the past or what happened because where you are now is where you're meant to be. We are the choices we make. But I can still miss L.A. And I do.
~Adele~
No comments:
Post a Comment