Monday, October 20, 2008

Gerber Rice Cereal - Yum!

The babies started eating rice cereal with formula last night for the first time. Harley is so tired and bless her heart she never gets more than a few hours sleep before someone wakes up famished. I feed her constantly and it's never enough. Puppies take so much out of the mama. She has been wanting to play and get back to normal I've noticed. She's very protective of these babies though. I've noticed that too. Last litter she never growled at anyone who wanted to pick one up and this time she's not wanting anyone other than immediate family to handle the babies. She's so smart and I think she wonders what happened to the last batch. I've let her have these with her more and they sleep all draped over her and under her and it's just cute to watch them burrow into her and go to sleep. Especially Bunny. She would be with her 24/7 if I'd let her. I'm still too scared she'll accidentally get squashed. Today Taz jumped into the kiddie pool with Harley and the babies and almost jumped on one or two before I got her out of there. Taz is still a baby herself and doesn't understand that she can't play with the infants. It's a full time job just keeping everyone fed, clean and safe. It takes longer to feed the babies now with the cereal because they haven't started licking yet. They still have that strong suction reflex. It usually takes a few days before they get the hang of it. But all of them liked it so that was good! I'm so exhausted today. I fantasize about sleep. A full eight hours sounds like heaven. Funny the how things change when you get older.

~Adele~

2 comments:

Mindy said...

What a funny picture! You are definitely taking care of a newborn. Hope you can get some sleep soon!

Pancake said...

that looks like my face when I am done eating in the morning!