Friday, October 17, 2008

Path


What path are you on? I used to think I was going exactly where I wanted to until a few days ago when I realized that the past still haunts me. Old hurts still hurt and effect how I see myself. Are there things in your past that are shaping your todays? I took out some emotional garbage. Packed up the past and sent it off like I've done before. This time I hope it stays away longer. Why does it always seem to seep back into your mind. Whispering you're not good enough or make you doubt yourself just enough to quit while your ahead. I know the source of those lies of course and it's powerful. Why is the bad stuff easier to believe? Even now I struggle with my self image and self esteem. Because of largely what I allowed into my life. My path now is toward change. Real change. The stuff that lasts. I'll put flowers in my hair no matter how silly it looks because it's "me" and I'm knowing myself better all the time.

~Adele~

No comments: