Every year on Halloween when I was little my mom would make us TV dinners, anything we wanted, and we'd use TV trays and get to watch The Legend of Sleepy Hollow on TV. I loved it.
Eating in front of the TV was a total treat for us. My mom was old fashioned and we always had dinner on the table with bread and butter and napkins and dinner time talk. It was our family time and formal kind of. I remember dinners where we would talk and dinners where we would just eat in silence. Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. It doesn't cost anything and it's fun! Christmas is great but it's so dang expensive I dread it sometimes. Halloween is just this great holiday where you get to have candy in abundance and your mom doesn't get mad at you! How great is that?? I remember when the kids were little and went trick or treating we'd go through their "loot" when they got home searching for razor blades. I just couldn't believe anyone would do such a thing but I checked the kid's booty all the same. I always sampled it just to be sure, especially the chocolate. hehehe

We started a new tradition when the kids were small. We watched The Nightmare Before Christmas. I love that movie!! Jack Skellington is my hero and I love Sally. I even wanted a Jack and Sally on my wedding cake when Craig and I got married. Stay tuned for that one we are going to have a great party once we get sealed in the temple. Ahhhhhhhhhhh tradition. I loved creating family tradition with my kids. They all know I love Halloween. I add a new decoration each year. This year it was a witch that went splat on the front door. *Grins*
Happy Halloween!
~Adele~
1 comment:
you must have grown up in my house!!! LOVED the TV dinner tradition!!! That was also ours!
Post a Comment