
Like hearts bind tighter than like genes.
I've always loved that saying. I've seen it happen in my life so many times. Even in my patriarchal blessing it tells me my friends will be my "family" and they truly have been. Today is Shawn's birthday. She's 49. I wish I could be there to make her a cake and put trick candles on it. I wish I could see her smile when she opens the gifts she gets and just celebrate her being born. I'm closer to Shawn than just about anyone. I wish I knew my biological sister better but even when I try I don't seem to make a connection there. We are so very different. I did have something pretty great happen Sunday. Taryn came home. She really came home. She told me she's given up her party friends and wants to go to college and church and be a better person. She even hugged Craig and apologized for the past two years and I just stood there marveling at the way God answers prayers. From the time she was born I knew when I held her for the first time she was a very special angel. You sense things like that about your kids. She grew up so cute and I loved watching every phase of her growth. Her favorite song when she was little was Skiddle a rink ee dink ee dink skiddle a rinki dooo I love you..... She'd get stuck on the next part and keep repeating "I love you in the mowning, I love you in the mowning" It was the cutest thing I think I'd ever heard. Then there was Christian and his imaginary friend. He'd just be jabbering away to himself and I'd ask him who he was talking to and he'd proudly say "My other self!"
When he was three he was in the shopping cart with me at Vons Grocery Store and they had lobster tanks in the meat department. We strolled by them and he pointed and said "Look mommy, cricket fish!". I laughed all day. Once Garrison and I looked all over the house for a bracelet my parents had sent me that we assumed Taryn threw in the trash. She was only 18 months old and fascinated with the garbage can. Garrison was 4 and said a prayer for me to find my bracelet at the dump. I tried so hard not to laugh because he was so sincere. I did find it though. Thanks to his little prayer no doubt.
Even though like hearts bind tighter than like genes I'm grateful I have "like" hearts with my kids. All of them are close to me and I am so blessed. It's a testimony to the power of prayer. In more ways than four.
~Adele~
2 comments:
I am so glad your sunday was such a beautiful one! I dont think there is any better blessing than that!
I too, just dont connect with my biological sister, but have a friend that is everything I imagine a sister would be, I am glad you have that in your life!
What a great post! "Like Hearts" or "Connection's" with people in our lives are so very important. I'm glad you have people like that in your life. I'm also glad WE have a blogging connection. Have a great day!
Post a Comment