
I wanted to get a picture of the puppies opening their eyes to post but I'd have to wake them up to do it! The babies are opening their eyes and they can hear now. I've had to tip toe around some and it is so fun to watch them scramble to their mommy now that they can see her. You just feel so sorry for them at first when they are helpless and blind. I think it's interesting that puppies are born deaf and blind at first. Human babies can see and hear at birth. They establish that bond with their mothers instantly. Puppies aren't quite "done" when they are born. They might get to start some cereal today too. Harley is trying her best to feed them all but is calcium deficient and I don't want her to have Eclampsia anymore. I had to do this with the first litter too. We weaned them early to prevent Harley from having to produce so much milk. It takes so much out of the mother to grow these little babies. Harley eats constantly and still doesn't seem to have enough to offer.
I've enjoyed the quiet today. That's rare too. I'll take some pictures later and post them here, they are so beyond cute!! I just love each one of them so much.
~Adele~
1 comment:
I want to see pictures!!!! LOTS
Post a Comment