Monday, November 3, 2008

Special Angels & growing up

Today my puppies graduated from a plastic syringe to a bowl!! YAyyyyyy. It is so much easier to feed them now. I can't get over how perfect their little bodies are. They just look like miniature little Tanks (their dad) at this age. Especially the tiny ones. Marshall is one of the bigger puppies. He's round and looks a lot like PJ and Lola did. This year I've raised a total of 15 babies. That is HUGE. I was talking with Amy Heil, the other gal in Nursery, and she agreed that raising baby dogs is so similar to raising real kids. Without the diapers of course. YUCK.



Yesterday Alyssa, one of my little Nursery girls, wanted to wear my necklace and walk around in my shoes. I just adore her. She's my special angel. I giggle even now when I think about how cute she looked. Taryn used to do that. This little one just melts my heart. I will have to take a camera to church and get pictures of my babies for my blog. I adore my Nursery kids. We're losing a few of them at the end of the year when they move up to primary. :( Nathan can say prayers like you wouldn't believe! He talks about temple marriage and missions and yesterday when he sat on my lap to give the closing prayer I got all teary eyed listening to him. I just want to put my arms around those babies and protect them from the influence of Satan. Fortify them with strength and know they will be okay out there in the world. There is so much that could harm them and life is so difficult now for children growing up. They are the elect and saved for the last days. I get chills when I say that and I know it's true. When you ask Heavenly Father to help you love your calling, or your circumstances, he truly does bless you with a special love inside for those you serve. I can't remember ever loving a calling more.

~Adele~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They truly are so amazing. My 18 mo girly brought me the BOM the other day. So I started reading to her. After about a verse, she climbed off my lap and went to get the big BOM with pictures. LOL!