I envy the fish. What a peaceful world they must have. Survival is the only objective out there in the ocean. No elections, no worries about gun control or abortion. Just the simple life and brilliant colors all around. There are dangers that can quickly end your life but otherwise, peace. No therapy, divorce, drug abuse, insurance, buying Christmas presents, laundry, mowing the grass, misunderstanding words, jobs, cruel bosses, mortgages, making the bed, murder, television, so many things we deal with as mortals are just not there under the sea.I used to sit on the beach in California longing for peace and I'd watch the water wash up over the sand. I had this impulse to just walk into the water and live there. That quiet world where being someone else's "food" would be your only concern. There is so much beauty there and it teases us by lapping at the shore just out of reach. Is that what heaven must be like? The sea? Peace and all the earthly cares gone away. All that truly matters is our loved ones. We'll begin to realize this more and more, what really matters in our lives. Food, friends, peace and security. Turn off the TV and read something meaningful. Feed your soul. I've always loved the ocean. For obvious reasons.
~Adele~
No comments:
Post a Comment