I did my Thanksgiving shopping today and spent $130. Yikes! I got a great deal on my turkey though. It's a Butterball, which is supposed to be the best, and it's fresh not frozen. I'm doing green bean casserole, a cranberry/jello thingy that my great Aunt Vera Glea used to make, a cherry cheese pie, corn, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, rolls, pumpkin pie, apple pie, strawberry rhubarb pie, salad and that's about it. I'll make some of the stuff tomorrow. Garrison and Misty are coming by the afternoon because she has to work that morning. They can't spend the night because she's got to work the next day. I'm going to miss my mom, she'll be at my sister's. I miss my father so much. He loved Thanksgiving. He was the best cook in the family. He passed a lot of his talents to me though and I love making a nice dinner for everyone. My family means the world to me and my kids know I love them and they are everything to me. Family is what it's all about. They are what I'm most grateful for.~Adele~
No comments:
Post a Comment