Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Puppy Cuddler



You've got to love a man who is a puppy cuddler. The other day Craig and I were playing with the puppies on the floor and he laid down to rest and Bunny (Bella) snuggled in and went to sleep. I grabbed the camera and here is the result. The babies love Craig. Every litter one or two of them choose him as theirs and it's like Dr. Doolittle or something. That particular puppy will whine and perk up whenever he is in the room and sometimes even bark for him. The first litter it was little Phantom and Mugsy's litter it was little Lola. This time it's Bunny and Holly the two little girls. Although Panzer is right in there too.

Craig is a great father. I think that is one of the qualities that attracted me to him to begin with. His son Kory married this beautiful girl from Japan named Hiroko and they had a baby named Megumi. We had just started talking over the phone when Megumi was over at his place with Kory while Hiroko was at work. Megumi wouldn't stop crying and Craig was cuddling her and kissing her and talking to her and she finally settled down and I had tears in my eyes. I knew I had a tremendous love for this sweet man who could calm a crying baby without the least bit of trouble. I can still hear him talking to her and imagine her looking up at him and just listening. She was two months old. All of Craig's kids now live in Utah near their mother and it's really a shame because they are missing out on having their dad help raise their kids. I've only met his ex wife once but I know from that meeting who the loving parent was. Craig. So go figure. We only get to see them once a year or so and that is hard on him. I think he puts a lot of extra love into the puppies for that reason. He misses his grand children. He has three little girls and two boys so far. I haven't been able to really be a "grandma" to them since they live so far away. THAT is a shame!! I'm going to be the best grandma in history!!! I love little kids. I feel like my Nursery babies are my grandkids lately. I think about them all the time and wonder how they are and if they are happy and healthy.

It's very cold today and there is frost all over everything but we haven't had any snow yet. This is unusual for Colorado. Or so I'm told! Tomorrow the puppies will be six weeks old. This has gone fast. I always say that too!

~Adele~

No comments: