Friday, November 21, 2008

Newport

One of my favorite beaches in California was Newport Beach. I don't know why. Maybe because it was the first one I went to in California. There are piers that are prettier and memories I would make in other places but Newport was special. It was plain and simple. I sat on the sand during the time when I was going through my break up with Darryl Hutchings, my first husband. That was so long ago it feels like it happened to someone else. I felt like I was "healed" there and my broken heart was fused together by the peace I felt. I always wanted to go to the Newport Temple but didn't get a chance to see it before I left California. I actually stood under this pier where this picture was taken. I loved to go under the piers. They would be encrusted with barnacles and seaweed would hang from them. The salty smell and the water breaking over the wooden posts all the way to the shore was so beautiful somehow. I could watch it for hours. And I did. It still does that for me whenever I think of it.

~Adele~

No comments: