Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day!

I actually had some trick or treaters last Friday thank me for supporting McCain. Our sign was in our front yard proudly displayed. I love this country and know with all my heart that it's in trouble and the only person who can help us now is McCain. I wanted Mitt Romney to be our president and was so disappointed when he dropped out of the race last Spring. My heart just sank when I heard it on the news. I believe that Sarah Palin and John McCain can do great things in the White House. They are honest, hard working, experienced people who know what to do to fix our problems. My father was career military and I know the patriotic emotional grain that runs through McCain. It's hard to explain when you've put your life on the line for freedom. You bond with that feeling like no other. You sacrifice for something and you own it.

I've said my prayers. I've voted already. Now it's up to Heavenly Father and the fulfillment of prophecy. Are we truly prepared for what will happen to this great country if we are led by someone like Obama? The thing that scares me most is the ignorance in our country. I hope McCain's campaign was enough to convince people to trust him. It's like trusting a beloved child to a babysitter. You worry the whole time you're gone. In the Book of Mormon we learn that bad things can happen to good people. They stand as witnesses of evil when it's forced upon them. Will we witness this in our lifetime like the ancient people who lived here before us? I think we will eventually. You can't stop the rain, or the sun from shining. I hope the sun shines today and McCain wins. I'm not ready inside to face the storms and the rain that will surly come if Obama wins. But then will we ever be ready?

~Adele~

2 comments:

Mindy said...

We have a McCain sign too! However, I was truly rooting for Romney as well. My heart sank when Clinton was elected to office and I feel it sinking again. However, we just need to keep praying for our country and its leaders and trust in the Lord.

Pancake said...

I was so all over Romney....

Sad day today....