Saturday, December 6, 2008

Shaw/Blades Concert


Jack Blades (Night Ranger) Will Evankovich (American Drag) and Tommy Shaw (Styx)at the Shaw/Blades concert December 4th 2008

For my birthday Craig took me to an amazing concert! I loved the 80s music and the acustic show that Jack Blades, Will Evankovich and Tommy Shaw did that night. It was incredible! In fact this whole week has been kind of wonderful. First we found Holly's home and then the birthday cards started rolling in! I love hearing from everyone and it was just fun to be able to take it easy and enjoy the whole week. I read from the book Shawn sent me, Twilight, which was so great! I bought the second book with my birthday money and finished that one last night. I need number three and four and that is on the agenda for today! I've got my Borders coupon and I'm on a mission to get the entire series.



A special surprise the night of the concert was an appearance by Danny Seraphine, the drummer from the band Chicago. He's Craig's idol because he's one of the most talented drummers on the planet! Craig had met him before and was able to see him that night too. I was THRILLED to meet him. Chicago is one of my all time favorite bands from as far back as I can remember. Danny is a regular guy who is just real and sweet. He was genuinely happy to meet me and I just melted because he has the most wonderful smile! He's a classy guy and you'd never know he was such a huge star because he's just this guy who is humble and nice. I love people like that! No matter how much fame and fortune they get they stay who they are. Jack and Tommy signed a picture for us and we got two guitar picks from Jack too! Craig won the tickets on the radio and it just seemed like a charmed evening!



The next day, yesterday, I got an autographed picture of Carlos Bernard, one of my favorite actors on the hit TV show 24, (he plays Tony). He personally signed it to me and I get goosebumps when I think of that! Wow! Craig did a wedding at work for some relatives of Carlos' wife and I asked for an autographed picture. What great timing that it came this week. I got a couple of nice lunches, one with my girlfriend Ann Marie and another with our friends Luie and Alice.



Craig took me to Olive Garden for dinner on my birthday and I just had the best week! I like being 50. It sure started off this next year the right way.

♥`♥Adele♥`♥

2 comments:

Pancake said...

I was surprised to see your comment on my blog. I thought you went private? When I clicked on it for access, it said it had expired.

Adele Marshall said...

It's a long story but I changed to a family blog AND a doggie one. I kept getting emails from someone trying to scam me out of my bulldog puppies and I thought for a time it was coming from this blog so I went private and then the emails kept coming so I knew it wasn't from here. Short story endless, I know! LOL Glad to see you Pammie!!! :)