Saturday, December 27, 2008

New Year's Thoughts


As I think back on the past 12 months I did so much changing this year it was a peaceful time. 2007 was just horrible. Dad's death and Taryn's tumors, my first car accident just sapped the life right out of me. Then those precious bulldog puppies we had all year injected me with life. I'll never be able to truly express my gratitude for Mugsy and Harley and their 15 fuzzy gifts of love to me.

My goals for 2009 are lofty and somewhat HUGE. I want to reach my goal weight of 115 pounds by December 31st. I want to clear the second mortgage on our house with insurance income and build a secure residual business with IPA. I want to take two trips this year. One to Atlanta to see my niece Brianna and her husband Danny sealed in the temple. I also want to take a trip to Moreno Valley California and stay with my good friends Annie Norris and Brenda Johnson, spend some days at the beach in Venice and feel my "mermaid" soul find peace.

Christian will graduate from high school and start college. We'll have two litters of puppies, one with Taz and one with Mugsy (if the miracle of conception and birth bless us this year).

I will begin my book. My good friend Richard Morrell gave me permission to get started and I laughed a little when he said that. He asked what I was waiting for and he said he knew! I needed permission so he officially gave it to me. I have what I need. A graphic artist, an editor, a story and a fire to tell it. Even now I smile to myself thinking of all the years I've waited for permission. Thanks Richard, you're amazing.

Adele

Oh and the rain? It's the beginning of all that's new. Life force and nourishment. I love the rain and always have.

No comments: