Sunday, June 27, 2010

Roller Coaster Rides



See those smiling people on that roller coaster? They are absolutely being PAID to smile! I have been on this ride and it was the scariest experience of my LIFE. I was positive that I was going to die. It hung upside down and all that kept me from plummeting to my death was a thin strap of metal and a clip. I was terrified and I almost threw up after I got off. Not to mention I waited 45 minutes for the privilege to get on the thing. My point? Life is a roller coaster. Much like this one. We wait for the stuff to happen to us like we wait for a ride. We know it's going to be dangerous and we know it's going to make us feel like being sick but the thrill of the ride is just to alluring to most of us. I've been on my share of rides both in amusement parks and in life. I feel the tick of this car climbing the rickety frame and I close my eyes in anticipation. I throw my arms up in the air and feel myself lift out of the seat as far as my seat belt will let me rise as the car changes directions and plunges down. If only I could let go like that when life takes me down that same direction. I'm getting better at it. The more I ride the better I get at handing the ups and downs. I don't feel sick anymore. I can't honestly say I'm not scared but I keep riding. It's crazy and I know I have it coming but it's just too much fun in the end to see how well you do. After all I did stand in line for this. To come bouncing off the ride and beg to go again. No merry go rounds for me.

Adele

1 comment:

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Isn't it amazing how far this wild ride has brought us...and yet there are times I feel I've only just begun.

Sweet wishes,
Tinker