Friday, June 18, 2010

Inspired


God has not seen fit to evenly distribute the gift of intelligence. That's a line from How to win friends and influence people. I love this book. It's literally changing me from the inside out. How we look at others is how we ultimately live. I've been unjustly critical. I've been consumed with my own needs. I've been thoughtless and I've been guilty of so many things that I see clearly and it stings. I remember that after we repent we are only truly changed when our heart changes. I think that is what is happening to me. My heart is changing. Through studying these wise words. Really absorbing them. Dale Carnegie was born around the turn of the century. He was alive during the sinking of the Titanic and he devoted ten years just to the study and research of Abraham Lincoln. I can't imagine studying something for that long. He must have absorbed every bit of wisdom you could about that man. There is nothing in this book you can't benefit from. Every story and everything that is said. It's like having a "talk" with Dale Carnegie because he writes to you as if you were talking with him. It's really in journal format. I love it. I want to write like this. Just the way he did. I feel like Jack Skelington when he yells, "INSPIRED"!!

Adele

No comments: