
Okay this little guy says it all. Not much else to add. I'm tired. So tired. Didn't Madeline Kahn sing about it in Blazing Saddles? LOL It's after midnight and I do some of my best thinking at night when it's quiet and there are no demands on my time or my mind. Just time to sit and ponder stuff. Had a good Sunday. This week is far and away better than the last one. I found an incredible home for Tweaker my cat. Craig was allergic to her and she's now in a place where her life is going to be full of joy and happiness. Blessings. My little son is very happily installed in his one bedroom bachelor pad. He's so happy. It's hard for me to be sad and miss him when I know he's proud of himself and loves his life. I just stare at his baby pictures and look out the window wistful and empty feeling. I won't hear from him for a while. Not until he gets hungry or needs something. That won't be for a while. He even has his own waffle maker and a bag of pancake mix. What more can a boy want?
I've really enjoyed this cooler weather lately. I love piling blankets on the bed. I love cuddling with a sixty pound bulldog who snores. I love watching the clouds drift across the moon and how the light plays across the crystals hanging from my bed frame. I love thinking of my father and where he is now. I love wondering about heaven and if he can hear the flowers grow and watch the water live. I love that one day I'll be able to see all the people who have died and have this amazing reunion. Maybe that is something you look more forward to when you get older. Death scared me when I had young children. It doesn't scare me so much anymore. Not now that so many loved ones are on the other side. I'm thinking about it because I'm putting together my will. My son told me last weekend he didn't want to think about my will and I told him he didn't have to think about it, That was my job. Garrison is now 24 and so grown up. Taryn is 21 and more responsible than I've ever seen her be. She wants to be a legal secretary. I know that no matter the choices I'll be proud of my kids.
Well, I'm tired. LOL
Adele
1 comment:
It's amazing to see how we've come full circle with our children...watching them take their positions in life's journey, just as our parents did with us. I now have appreciate for the great lengths and emotional pains they went through in supporting my decisions. Now that (my baby) Phillip is moving a 7 hour train ride away. My heart aches to see him move away, especially since he's been living just a stones throw away since graduating from High School.
My pained heart is beyond a chocolate cure.
For you... an invitation for homemade waffles may offer some solace.
Sweet wishes,
Sara
Post a Comment