Monday, February 2, 2009

Lotsa Stuff!


It's been a long time since I've written anything here. Since I joined facebook I've been hanging out there and commenting on everyone's pages so doing my blog has taken a back seat for a bit. I'm so busy with all my many projects though. Getting the dog bedroom redecorated and ready for babies has been fun. We got the daybed all done and put together. Yesterday when Craig was watching all three "Death Wish" movies in our room I decided to go into the dog bedroom on the daybed and finish my 6th Janet Evanovich book. It was so funny I was hurting from laughing so hard. I can't remember EVER laughing with a book like this. The girl it's written about is a bounty hunter from Trenton New Jersey and she gets into the the most unbelievable situations and you just don't know how she's going to get herself out of it. I love her to death and I'm on the 7th book in the series. There are 13 of them and I'm so happy I have more to read about her. Stephanie Plum is her name and she is just so funny. She gives new meaning to the saying "If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all" and her I Love Lucy antics are hilarious.

Janet Evanovich is a wonderful writer. I stumbled on to her by pure accident when one of my parent's books I inherited was in the mix. I read it, I think it was the 10th book of the series, and decided to get them all. Of course I bought them on half.com and got the whole series for under $40.



That's one of the best finds of my LIFE. I love to read and if I had to buy all my books at full price I'd go broke. Other than that I've just been organizing my house and getting ready for either going back to work in a few weeks or raising another litter of puppies. I find out on Feb 10th if Taz is pregnant. If not it's back to the old grind. Not sure what direction that will take yet.



I got a 93% on my Census test so I'd love to work for them for a few month then re evaluate my choices. I found a graphic artist to do my book for me and all that leaves is to pick the topic and write the dang thing. I want to do this so much. I am sure I'll learn a lot by going through the process and I'm still a little scared but hey, I'm 50 and fabulous and I'm on my way to the Oprah show! Well maybe not that far but at least Barnes & Noble.



Christian had a root canal last week, Taryn's car is offically dead and needs a complete engine dropped into it, no money for it either, and January is OVER! My January goals have soared and I'm so excited for this year.



I did great in January and I even went to the temple last week. I loved it and it's now my Wednesday goal every week. If Craig gets a Friday show I'll go to a Friday night session too. I loved thinking about the sister I was doing the work for.



Catherine LeFever and wondering if she was happy that her work was being done after waiting 226 years. She was born shortly after the revolutionary war. It never tells you much on the pieces of paper you get but I like thinking about the women I'm there for. What their lives were like and if they had families and children.



I also bought my first piece of blank canvas! Now there is a bold move!! I'm going to do it. I'm going to paint a picture of probably one of my bulldogs. Something really special for one of the walls in their room. I just need to start it and the rest will come.

Adele

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I didn't know that you were a writer! How exciting! Good luck with your job or your litter!