Saturday, February 14, 2009

High School


This was me when I was in my late teens early 20s. High School feels so far back but it's still part of me. I'm doing a High School Tag from my friend Mindy. This is fun!

1. Did you marry someone from High School? No

2. Did you carpool? nope I walked, one mile in the snow, up hill both ways!

3. What kind of car did you have? Car? no car!

4. What kind of car do you drive now? Solara convertible

5. It's Friday Night...where are you (then)? at a school football game!

6. It's Friday Night...where are you (now)? At home because it's Pizza Night

7. What kind of job did you have in High School? I worked for a jewelry store as a sales clerk.

8. What do you do now? raise fuzzy kids

9. Were you a party animal? definitely not, I was a square, still am

10. Were you considered a flirt? ya, and I never understood that. I was friendly and that got misunderstood a lot.

11. Were you in band, orchestra or choir? Nope

12. Did you get suspended? Expelled? Never even skipped school once.

13. Can you sing the fight song? Ya but we changed the words a lot. We always lost our sports games and so we'd root for the other team.

14. Who was your favorite teacher? Mr. Quincy. He inspired me to love English. He died of cirrhosis of the liver, he was an alcoholic, something we suspected but none of us knew for sure.

15. Where did you sit during lunch? McDonald's right across the street from the school or in the cafeteria during pizza day.

16. What was your school's full name? Hornell Senior High School

17. What was your school mascot? Wolf

18. If you could go back and do it again, would you? No, I had a great time but, I wouldn't go back. I would rather go back to college.

19. What do you remember about graduation? I remember looking at my friends and knowing this would be the last time we would all be together. After that day we would all scatter like spiders and go on with life. It was sad.

20. Are you planning on going to your 20 year reunion? I don't know. I graduated in 1976 so it's more like my 30 year reunion and I missed it.

21. Do you still talk to people from school? Only since last year, via email and facebook! I do still talk to my best friend from High School, Stacie. She will always be my first bff.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Adele, love this post. Wasn't it fun? Your picture is BEAUTIFUL!