
So much goes on in February in my life. It is my father's birthday on the 16th, also the same day is my nephew Patricke's birthday and one of my life long bff Laura's birthday. A few days before that is Valentines Day and a few days after on the 19th is Craig's birthday. This is also tax month and that part is done thank goodness. Now that dad is gone his birthday is a sad/happy day. Glad he was born, sad he's not here anymore. All things considered I'm grateful Valentines is no longer a razor blade event. (hehe) The majority of my Valentines Days have not been good ones. I just thought it was cruel to dedicate a whole day to the fact that there was no huge love in my life. Of course there were the five pound boxes of chocolates and the flower deliveries in my lifetime. It was one of the only days I got a show of emotion from some of the men in my world. Interesting though. All year long you wondered if they cared and one day they dump all this sentiment all over you and that's supposed to make up for the other 364 days. Well maybe my birthday too but you get the point.
Now Craig, he's just this sweet guy who makes every day Valentines Day. He never forgets to kiss me goodbye in the morning and hello when he comes home. He says "I love you" to me every time we get off the phone together which is a few times a day. He is this secure stable presence in my world and my best friend. I realized this last Sunday when we both were talking and neither of us could say we had any pals we could go do stuff with other than each other. I do have one friend here who I sometimes go see a movie with but on a daily basis, he's it.
I don't think we'll ever be rich but I sure do feel like I have it all. I never really cared all that much about "stuff" and the way I give away stuff that's pretty evident. I learned many many years ago that people are the only things that matter in life. Relationships, feelings, friendships, love, that's the stuff that matters.
So Valentines Day is different now. It's a nice day that is an extra show of emotion and Craig doesn't have to bump it up too much higher at all. I know he loves me and all 365 days of the year that is an amazing feeling.
Adele
1 comment:
Adele, I really loved this post. So, sorry about your father. I'm glad you have someone like Craig in your life. I feel the same way about my guy! Happy Valentine's Day!!!!
Post a Comment