Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Taxes, I hate them!



Today I get to spend the day figuring out my taxes and getting ready for my appointment with my accountant next Monday. Every year this happens and it taints a month I've come to love, February. Forget Valentines Day or my father's birthday or Craig's birthday, it's getting this packet of crap ready for scrutiny. This year I decided to do it early and be DONE. All the many splendid forms have been received and it's now time to tally them all up and pick through business receipts until my eyes cross. Big sigh. Why don't we have only taxes on what we buy? No income tax at all and that way they can get their pound of flesh equally from the expensive things the rich will purchase to the pack of gum the poor will exist on. THAT makes sense. That way we will do away with the IRS completely and no one would have to dread tax season, pay fines, promote those important government jobs where someone looks over our payments with a fine tooth comb. Even foreigners will pay taxes on what they buy. Straight, simple and fair. Not likely to ever happen.

Adele

No comments: