
I found this book today on the bookshelf of manuals and books I inherited from my parents. I read it and it's really good. It's about a group of children who are orphaned when their parents die in a fire and they're sent to live with a distant relative who is mean and horrible to them. I remember Cynthia Milligan saying these books were well written and she liked them. It teaches vocabulary to kids and even I learned a few new words. (Imagine that!)
It's been so cold outside I haven't ventured outside much but I've got to take Christian to the dentist when he gets home from school today. He has a bad tooth and never complained about it until it's a mess. Typical. I dread his check up. I took him in for braces about a year ago and he didn't want to get them. It was going to be really expensive. Garrison and Taryn both had braces and didn't take care of their teeth after that. Neither one of them wore their retainers and I was so upset over that experience I didn't want to force another child into braces only to have their teeth move back to where they were after all the money had been spent and thrown away. Taryn even told me after it was all said and done and her teeth were back to where they were before the braces that she never wanted them and I forced her so what did I expect?
Hmmmmm. So much for that idea. So Christian telling me right off the bat he didn't want them was enough for me to drop the whole issue. Sigh. It's sunny out today but bitter cold. I've been putting together the puppy nursery and it's so cute. We got a bed in there and made it more "bulldog only" so that all their stuff is in one place. I really like that. Two more weeks before we find out if Taz is pregnant. I'm nervous about it because if there are no puppies I need to find work. I've always been able to find a job but that means leaving the bulldogs all day I don't want to do that. I could get back into insurance sales and even that is going to require a steep commitment. I have to weigh the options though and do what needs to be done.
I can see the snow melting and the water dripping from the roof of my house. Seems there is change all around all the time.
Adele
No comments:
Post a Comment