Thursday, January 22, 2009

Circle of life



This is the Celtic knot of motherhood and since I'm Irish and very proud of my heritage it fits with what I'm writing about today. Tuesday Craig and I got to see our little Gracie, one if the first puppies we helped raise. She was at the vet for some surgery and just looking at her and how much she looked like our Harley made me realize that the circle of life is a beautiful thing. If Craig and I had never married or decided to get Tank & Harley and go through the process of trying for a litter of puppies, this beautiful little girl who looked up at me with those soft sweet eyes, would never exist. She is perfect in every way and I remember having the same feelings when they laid my babies in my arms after labor and delivery. How miracles happen and how every day of our lives we witness them and how important it is to acknowledge that when we get the opportunity. I see miracles a lot. When my teenage son hugs me or when my daughter does the dishes! hahahaha No really, this cycle and circle of life is a miracle to me.

I had another miracle happen yesterday. I found a friend I'd been looking for, for almost ten years. She was a college roommate and a kindred spirit. We had lost touch with each other when the rocky waves of life had gotten temultuous. I have thought of her and prayed for her safety and worried for her all this time. She found me on Facebook and it was something I didn't even really want to do but I did it for Shawn, my good friend in Georgia. I never imagined I'd find Lesley though something like Facebook. How grateful I am for small little miracles that continue to change my life. What are the miracle in yours?

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I have found several friends on Facebook as well. Just recently, my best friend from college. I haven't talked with her for over fourteen years. It was wonderful to chat with her again!!!!!