
I read a post this morning from a friend who lost his wife last summer. His posts are always so insightful and poignant. He said that pain purifies us in ways we can't even imagine. It is our spiritual barometer and without it we become unfeeling and numb to life. Every action has it's equal and opposite reaction, the laws of physics can't be ignored. These are things we try so hard to teach our children and ourselves over and over in our lives. Heavenly Father also tries to teach us these principles through the scriptures and prayer. Every day lately I've been learning to let go. I've listened to my positive affirmations and realized just how much pain and resentment I've held on to through the years. It's coming out of me like a splinter. And it feels so wonderful not to feel the pain of the bad decisions and the resentment of the unforgiving attitudes I've harbored. I didn't think I did that but I have. There are people who have hurt me deeply in my life and not forgiving them and moving on is hurtful inside. I thought I'd done that, forgiven others but really I had only realized it was a good idea. The negative thoughts about them were still there. The unfairness of the results of their actions was still inside me affecting my life.
Mind Over Metabolism has helped me let go of it all. I've done so many wonderful things lately and had abounding energy as well. I've had a "to do" list a mile long that is finally becoming manageable. My dogs are bathed and happy, I'm praying every day, exercising more, eating better, lost five pounds since the first of the year, started a better talking relationship with my kids, finished projects that were weighing me down, cleaned my house from top to bottom, felt a sense of peace and well being that has eluded me for years. All of this stuff just in the past three weeks. I've decided to remodel the dog's bedroom for the new litter of puppies coming soon. My faith is increasing and my level of happiness is off the charts. I'm truly happy inside and feeling more content and satisfied with my life. I appreciate all the simple things I feel and know that the blessings are special and run deep in my life. All this because I chose to think positive and let go of past issues and pain.
My friend Matt talked about pain and said that some of us live with background noise in the form of pain daily. I don't. I know others who do, my husband Craig is in constant pain from a car accident he had 15 years ago. He has headaches that follow him through his day, every day. I see his cheerful attitude and how well he manages his pain and admire that in him. I wouldn't be as graceful and accepting of my fate as he has been. I wouldn't be as able to go through life not feeling sorry for myself like he does. It's never once been an excuse for him. It's a testament to his nature that pain doesn't turn him into a crabby monster of a person. He finds the good in all things and I've looked at him in a different light lately. Craig has taught me so much since we became "us" but mostly I've learned to appreciate others for all their special gifts and let others have their time to bloom.
So often we want to rush them into blooming and that isn't good. You can't force a flower and you can't force a person to open and soak up the sun. But you CAN open yourself. That is one thing you can do. Often that will give you the patience to allow others their time in the sun. I love wisdom. I love the moments when it comes quietly and smiles to you in answer to your frustration and wraps it's thoughts through your soul. I love the tears that well up when you finally realize something important to your life and know that it's an altering moment that will forever change you. I love watching a special movie where someone creative has given you one of those moments for the price of a ticket.
I love my father and my sweet adorable mother for their goodness and faith. My children for the refiners fire I've survived. My husband who continues to teach me and my fuzzy angels who every day give me a reason to get up in the morning. They need me and shower me with affection. I love their innocence and every chore they give me to do. Ultimately I'm thankful for the pain in my life. Because it's made me who I am.
Adele
1 comment:
What a great post Adele! You always sound so insiteful and wise. How wonderful that you can experience something and realize how to learn from it.
Post a Comment