

I love boats. Water. I always wanted to learn to sail and understand how it's done. One day I'd sure like to learn all about it. My friend Annie knows how to sail. She knows all about boats. It's funny how she's not even from a place where you can go boating all the time. We met while I lived in California. I never got to go sailing with her but I always wanted to. There are so many things I've never gotten to do. I have a list of things I've wanted to do and I guess I should take the time to write it all down.
Sometimes I feel like things are moving in slow motion in my world. I have a remote control that is stuck in that mode. Sometimes it's in fast forward and sometimes like a video you're half watching and doing something else while it's playing you reach the end of something and can't remember how you got there. You've missed it. I don't want to miss anything else. I want to be paying attention. Still there are moments when you just reflect. I'm here and I'm alive and I'm still writing in this blog. Two years longer than Cynthia. I miss her. I think about her all the time and wonder how Brittany is but I can't get any news of her because Matt quit writing after he married Beckka. I wonder if she did well at Ricks last year and if she's in love. I think about her pretty eyes and how when she was a baby she was all eyes just like my Taryn. Taryn and Brittany would play together. It didn't seem so long ago. The video played out and it's over now. I didn't think I'd missed it but sometimes you can't help it.
I still see her in her pink pajamas. Cynthia loved pajamas. Just like the little girl in one of my favorite movies City of Angels. When the little girl goes with the angel who comes for her when she dies he asks her what her favorite thing was in life and she said pajamas. I don't know why that brings tears to my eyes. Pajamas.
Adele
No comments:
Post a Comment