Thursday, April 9, 2009

Dreams come true



I believe everything happens for a reason. All of the so called "bad" things we experience give us strength and character. I've come to appreciate my trials as much as my blessings for that reason. I'm refined and smoothed like a pebble in a stream by the hard knocks of life. Every once in a while you get to feel that your dreams are coming true and this week I'm feeling that. I'm grateful for friends. Old and new. I'm in awe of their accomplishments and how the journey from there to here is so inspiring to me. Through facebook I've re connected with Bob Lonsberry, Craig Moyer, Vickie Westrup, Debbie Hatfield, Lynne Laeha, Debbie Bossie and so many others I've loved from my teenage years until now. This is what technology is for. To enrich our lives and make giving to each other a little easier. There are trials ahead, I'm sure of it. There are blessings too. Shawn came through her surgery okay and my sister Anna is due to have hers soon. My puppies are all sold and going to incredible homes. That alone gives me eyes filled with tears. I worry so much about them and that they will find the most loving families possible.

Easter is this weekend. A re birth of dreams. I love my family more every day. I adore Craig in ways I can't even put into words. He supports my dreams and enriches my life with every phone call and every hug and kiss. How I ever found him is a miracle that I am grateful for every day. His example to my kids teaches them how a woman is supposed to be cherished by the man in her life. There aren't words for how much I love him for that. I just feel this amazing gratitude for all I have. For a mother and father who sacrificed for me. For the privilege I've had to sacrifice for my own kids. Not one minute is regretted at all. I'd do it again in a heartbeat for them. Today I have this lump in my throat for some reason because I realize just how much the people in my life mean to me.

Dreams. They extend beyond this life into the next one. I don't have to feel like I"m running on a treadmill to finish everything now. There is time. That is one thing that stretches on to eternity. And the most grateful heart of all is the one who knows this. I do.

Adele

1 comment:

Mindy said...

You are truly a great writer. I love how you word things!