
I joined facebook a month or so ago and through this site have reconnected with friends I had ages ago. One friend, Mike Tingey, was on facebook recently and we chatted for a while. We got to talking about the roles of men and women and some philosophical stuff. He said that men are justice and women are mercy and both need to co exist together in order for the world to be right. This was how gender was assigned to spirits and it made total sense to me. I always knew this and that my innate nature was to be emotional and nurturing and merciful. A man's nature is to be logical and justice oriented and provisional. We are so different inside and out and yet we need each other to exist in harmony. Both unique traits are necessary to have what we need to thrive in this life.
Mike just lost his step father and is back home in Boston at the funeral. I started thinking about my own father's military funeral and how the only thing missing was bagpipes. I want that at my funeral. Amazing Grace. That's the song I want played when I die. I want the service to be funny and happy. Isn't it odd how we think of these things periodically and it doesn't seem all that important especially since we won't be there to even care about it. But for one moment when we are alive we care. That seems to be what people who survive us want to honor. Our wishes.
So Justice & Mercy are served through the personalities of men and women. Cool
Adele
2 comments:
What a great post! I agree - funny and humorous!
Adele, haven't posted for awhile, hope everything is okay!
Post a Comment