Monday, November 29, 2010

The Army



Christian is taking his ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) test tomorrow and picking his MOS (military occupational specialty). He's convinced this is the correct path for him. Okay from a mom's perspective? I would rather die myself than have anyone point a gun at my son and try and shoot him. Just the thought of this makes me hardly able to breathe. I don't think he knows how hard this is for me. He wants to fly helicopters. Okay. Helicopters. How did my grandmother ever endure this? My father went into the Army when he was young and she had to have known that war was a possibility and deal with it somehow. For the past few years I've watched the news, heard of soldiers killed and felt so horrible for those families. What if we're one of them? What if we're called to endure it too?

When Christian was a baby I used to go into his room and watch him sleep in his little crib. I used to ask God to protect him and watch over him because I knew how special he was. I knew that the good ones sometimes didn't last long. They had less to learn on earth and were taken young. Even as a baby he was giving, kind and thoughtful. A true "hugger" when it came to anyone.

He doesn't discriminate, he doesn't hurt anyone and wouldn't ever choose to harm anyone. So is this the boy who will be a soldier? Now Garrison, my oldest is a total bad a$$ and could be the best soldier on the planet because he's tough and hard. I don't know why things happen the way they do. Garrison juggled knives, even got shot at by gangs in high school. He's dodged bullets literally but Christian? He's highly intelligent and someone you would think would graduate from college and be successful in business.

Christian & Taryn at Red Rocks when they both graduated from high school, him from Chatfield High School and her with her GED

I don't know if this is right but he is doing it so I need to support him. I think my relationship with God just got closer. Taryn's surgery did this too. I feel like Daddy's little girl when it comes to Heavenly Father. I lean on him quite a bit. ~deep breath~ I can do this.

Adele

No comments: