
It happens in one day. All of a sudden the air conditioner is no longer needed and then WHAM, it's cold. No warning at all. August was so hot and horrible and then last week on Thursday I woke up in the morning cold. The air conditioner wasn't on. For two months I get to have lower energy bills. But it's so amazing to me how fast the weather changes here. There isn't any easing into it you just sweat like a pig and then all of a sudden you need a sweater. Nuts.
Hey, by the way, pigs don't sweat so I have NO idea where that saying came from. Maybe it's just a nickname you give a sweaty person. Someone who is dirty and stinky. Probably. But pigs are clean. I mean as animals go they are fairly tidy ones. So why do they get a bad wrap? I mean why pick on pigs?
See how cute they are?Even the word PIG has a very negative connotation. It's a bad name for cops. "I smell bacon" whenever a cop slides by. This is what I hear my sons say when they see a cop. Poor pigs. Funny too how my mind wanders when I write. From the end of summer to pigs. I do that all the time. Even when I talk. Can get confusing. Oh well. If you can keep up with me you're a true friend. Rare and very appreciated.
Tonight I go sit in front of Petsmart to hunt for homes for my two little puppy rascals. I'll cry when they leave. I always do. They chew all over my house and then wiggle out the front door when their families come to claim them. We are just a weigh station. Both of them are over 30 pounds now. I've grown these little boys in the past few months I've had them. It's made summer more fun. I do love the cold though after all this heat. Not snow, mind you, just cool weather.
Adele
1 comment:
I love summer...between the temps of 70 to 79 degrees. Winter temps that hover in the low 60's. Some may say I'm a weather/temperature snob...they may be right.
Post a Comment