Sunday, August 29, 2010

Feeling a little homesick

I love this beach. I've walked on this sand and down the pier. I think if I could choose one single "place" in the world where I feel more "me" than anywhere else it would be at this spot on the globe.

I love this mural. It's right at the end of Washington Street and before the parking lot to the pier. I've stood there staring at it and just taking it all in. I would love to have helped paint this or repaint this or something. Leave part of me on this street somewhere.


This is exactly what it looks like during the day. There are people just going in every direction but no one is really in a hurry. It's the essence of fun. Life that is "fun" is the most fulfilling life to live.


I've walked across this bridge. Stopped in the middle and stared down at the water. The water doesn't really move much. It's more like a long pond. The water doesn't look very clean either. The houses on either side are beautiful though. Very expensive.


This pier is amazing. The end of the pier is usually built up with a restaurant but this one isn't. There are a lot of people who fish off the end. I've stood at the very end and looked down at the waves on their way to the shore. They hit the pier underneath and make the most amazing sounds as they push their way to the sand.


This view of Washington Street is amazing. Those tall buildings are the hotels and I never stayed in any of them but I did stay in one off Marina Del Rey. I always thought the hotels should have been on the water though. There are a lot of houses right on the sand in Venice. I want one!