Sunday, November 8, 2009



Taryn survived her surgery and I made 10 rag rugs while she was being operated on. My fingers were flying. I didn't want to think about what was going on and I had to do something productive. So I crocheted. like a fiend. Some of them are really pretty. I did them all heart shaped though. For some reason I wanted to do that. So I did. I had complete strangers talking to me in the waiting rooms and being so sweet to me. I made a friend. Jan from Colorado Springs who's daughter Paige had a brain aneurysm. We commiserated together and survived the hard parts. Paige will be okay and so will Taryn. Paige needs to stay in ICU for three weeks. She's 45 and Jan is 61. I was so touched by all the concern for Taryn from the people I met. I told them what she was in for and saw the eyes widen and the "WOW" factor and it always kind of hit me at those moments how serious this all is. She was in surgery Tuesday the 3rd for 8 hours so Dr. Kumpe could cut off the blood supply to the tumor and then Wednesday when she went in at 7:30 they actually got started on her surgery at 9am. She wasn't out of surgery until 11pm that night. It took 14 hours. Together it was 22 hours of surgery.

I'm tired but not like I thought I'd be. I've been able to sleep at home the last two nights since Taryn's friend Kayla stayed with her for me. I was grateful to have the time with Harley and Mugsy. They are both starting to look pregnant. I want to be with them and I'm hoping Taryn heals fast so we can all go home. This month will be so busy once the babies come. I'll have Taryn to care for and little infants too. It's a busy life but a happy one. Taryn is okay and although it's going to hurt to heal she's feeling all her toes and fingers. I'm glad for that. Tired but glad.

Adele

No comments: