Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day


I saw this picture the other day and this little girl looks exactly like my Taryn did at this age. I got teary eyed looking at it. I miss my little babies now that they are all grown up.

Yesterday Craig and I put Harley, Tank and Mugs into the truck and went to Estes Park for the day. It was so fun to just take a little day trip and get my mind off of things. We needed to just have some fun together and change up the scenery a little. It's been hard to get used to not hearing Taz's little feet on the floor and it's amazing to me how one less dog can make such a huge difference in my home. My heart feels like it's got a hole in it right now but slowly it's getting back to normal. The kids are so much happier without all the baby gates up and now that there is no fighting threat it's peaceful and calm again. They got a good work out yesterday too and made lots of new friends on the streets of Estes Park.

It's going to be a busy week for me. Lots of lose ends to tie up before Taryn's surgery. Car repairs and Dentist visits and a quick vet check for Tank. Harley should go into heat anytime now. Mugsy isn't pregnant and that is a mixed blessing too. I'm so relieved that I won't have to juggle infant puppies with Taryn's recovery. All things happen for a reason. I've been outside working on the front yard and I have the dirt under my fingernails to prove it. I actually used the weed wacker this morning for the first time EVER. LOL I just decided to dig in literally and do the yard work and always have a pretty yard. It felt good. I'm going to go look for some plants to make the front look even nicer.

Christian is in southern California with his dad for another two weeks and not hearing his blaring music is odd too. The sound of the X Box or endless glasses of ice water placed all over the counter and kitchen are missing too. It's very quiet in my home these days. I hope it's not the calm before the storm. LOL It was Father's Day yesterday and I thought about Dad. Also my Heavenly Father and how blessed I've been lately. I think Craig had a nice day too. I took him to Olive Garden for his favorite dinner, Chicken Fetticini Alfredo. Good stuff!

Adele

No comments: