
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass..... It's about learning how to dance in the rain." I got this quote from Kim Pearce, my friend who lives in Hawaii. She is such a ray of sunshine to everyone who knows her. Lately things have been hard for me and hearing things like this is always an uplifting peek through the dark clouds. It even helps me appreciate them.
I haven't written about this yet on my blog but last week we found through a test my daughter Taryn had, that her tumors have grown back. She will have to go through another surgery to remove them and none of us are looking forward to that. It's painful for her in so many ways and scary in so many others. Everything that happens to us in life is a growing experience. I don't think I could have said that if this had happened to her as a baby or when I wasn't a "seasoned survivor". I've lost so many people I love and feel tremendous comfort that I know the spirit lives on and I know where they are. I have peace for that and I'm not scared of death myself. I'm not ready to lose Taryn though. The reality of what "could" happen hits me in waves. We will celebrate and smile and laugh and do all the wonderful silly things that make us happy until we have to deal with the horror of this. You don't push it away you embrace it. Nothing grows without pain. Not even your capacity to love.
Adele
No comments:
Post a Comment