I have a sweet friend who recently died, Cynthia Milligan. Through her death I've decided to leave a legacy for my friends and family too. She taught me that everything we do in our lives matters. Even the things like writing to others to inspire them and help them with their lives. I love her so much for that. Actually I always loved her. I admired Cynthia because she was smart and such a good mother. The ironic thing always was that she didn't think she was good at mothering. I looked at her once and thought she was nuts! I didn't know a better mom. My kids wanted HER for their mother and with all the things she had to do all the time she still found time to make cookies with her children.
There are people who come along in your life who you want to pattern yourself after. She was one of those people for me. Solid and confident and I felt so far from where she was sometimes. She would have been the first one to disagree with me. So this is for Cynthia. This beginning of something wonderful. I love you so much my precious friend.
4 comments:
That was so hard to hear about Cynthia passing. I really was shocked completely. It was a hard day. I've never met her, but she was always there with a sweet comment and I loved reading about her and her awesome mothering.
Do you know any details? It was so sad.
Good luck with the thing. Sometimes, they are just being passive aggressive. Drove me crazy. Also, our dogs are chihuahuas. I don't know that I could breed as a job. So exhausting! And so much love, it's sad to see the puppies go.
I know she went to Mexico for some kind of surgery and it was most likely cosmetic. Although as beautiful as she was I can't imagine her needing any improvements. I hadn't actually seen in a long time but some people in your life just stay there as a part of your foundation and she was like that. No one could know her without being changed by her in some wonderful way. She was a special angel.
I know what you mean about raising the puppies. It's hard but the best job in the world. I love them so much and giving them to their families is tough but I feel like I'm giving a gift that very few people can give.
Thanks for writing Caradee! hugs
Adele
Adele, thanks for your comment on my blog. At first I didn't know if I should write anything because it is so sad but, I just had to. I will miss her. I ache for her family. I am so glad that Matt is posting every now and then so that her spirit will live on.
By the way, I love the title of your Blog.
Post a Comment