Friday, January 15, 2010

Santa Monica



Peter Pan happy thoughts. Those are the things that get you through the hard things in life. I told Annie to make a list of hers. She's really struggling with her divorce and I know what that feels like. So helpless and so lost. It's no place you ever thought you'd be and you go to places in your mind. Places like the Santa Monica pier. I stood at the end of the pier once and looked out over the Pacific ocean. The edge of my world was there and still is. I wanted to walk out into the water and just keep going. Let the current just take me to wherever it wanted me to go. I still feel it sometimes. The total control that the current has. It doesn't care about emotions or reasons. It's pure physics. No excuses and no regrets. Just pulling you under and keeping you tightly secure in your helplessness.

Divorce. Riding those currents and those waves. It's like the feeling you get when you close your eyes really tight and feel yourself start to spin. Not again.

Adele

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I couldn't agree more, IT STINKS!!! Hope your friend starts feeling better!